Saturday, March 10, 2012

Moreton Island

I spent the weekend between my two school weeks in Brisbane at Moreton Island. Moreton island is a large sand island located 40km off of the coast of the port of brisbane. Two other guys and myself went on a 2-day 4WD tour of the island with our incredibly aussie tour guide, jason, and 6 other foreign university students hailing from Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, and Germany.

My view of the "The Wrecks" from the ferry boat which took us out to the island.
 Waves crashing over the Cape of Moreton "North Point". These rocks and waves reminded me of the final fight scene between Locke and Jack in LOST. haha.
 Honeymoon bay. They didn't have a bed and breakfast.
 My footprints in honeymoon bay. Rockin the chacos as usual. Some of those prints are my butt sitting in the sand actually...
 The eastern beach as sunrise.
 The Cape Moreton Lighthouse. Apparently haunted. Very windy up there.
 Me at "The Desert". After Sandboarding to the bottom of the gigantic sand dune, I traced out this symbol. GO JACKETS! That little person at the top of the T is me.
 Me and "the frenchies", the foreign university students we spent the weekend with. I snagged a picture with them on the way back to Brisbane on the ferry. From L to R: German, German, Italian, AMERICAN (me), Swiss, Belgian, Swiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment